CREAM CHEESE TARTS
Chef Devagi -
Not everyone likes to eat a heavy Christmas fruit cake or pudding as dessert on Christmas day. I am sharing Cream Cheese Tarts recipe this week. You can bake the pastry base well ahead and store in an airtight container. You can choose to make a large tart in a pie dish or small ones.
TO MAKE THE PASTRY
125 g Ghee, Room temperature
25 g Caster sugar
2 Egg yolks
200 g Plain flour, Sifted
20 g Custard powder, Sifted
Pinch of salt
- Put the Q.B.B. ghee, sugar and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add in the sifted flour, custard powder and salt. Combine until the dough becomes pliable.
- Refrigerate the dough for half an hour.
- Place the dough in between two plastic sheets and roll it out to about 3 – 4mm thick.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut out circles from the sheet of pastry to fit small aluminium foil tart cases.
- Place the pastry circles in the cases, pressing down the sides to make them fit evenly.
- Prick with a fork to make sure that the base remains flat after baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/375°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon in the prepared cream cheese filling and serve chilled.
- 100 ml Fresh or UHT Milk
- 120 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Gelatin Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 250 g Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 100 ml Milk
- 150 ml Plain Yoghurt
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Chocolate Sauce for Decorating Tart
- Bring the milk and sugar to a low boil or until the sugar dissolves. Leave aside to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water and leave aside to expand.
- Beat the cream cheese until very creamy.
- Add in the cooled milk and continue to beat. Next, mix in the yoghurt and soaked gelatine powder mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the baked pastry bases.
- Keep refrigerated until it sets.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.